Scope: Manager – Solar Project Execution, will be required to enable sustainable growth in business through effective project management while ensuring timely delivery, optimized cost and best in class quality for Grid Tied and Off Grid rooftop solar power projects and MW scale ground mounted solar power plants.
Profile and Experience Requirement: 7-10 Years experience in over all project management and related activities in engineering/EPC organization, preferably from solar power plants or solar rooftop plants. BE (Electrical / Mechanical / Power) is a must. MBA degree will be preferred.
Key skill required:
- Negotiation, Vendor development, and Project management
- Knowledge of statutory compliances and frameworks
- Experience of project management for grid connected and off grid solar power projects
- Decision-making and problem-solving ability
- Strong communication skills
- Understanding of design, drawings and BoM files
- Integrity: demonstrates this in all interactions
- Accountability: recognizes and acts on what needs to be done without being asked
- Honesty: transparent in the interactions with other employees, prospects, clients, etc.
- Leadership: proven track record of effective leadership in successful project management
- Up skilling and Growth: ability to work through challenges, draw learning and to achieve results
Job Description / Responsibilities
- Candidate should have exposure to policy & regulatory matters for grid connected and off grid solar power plants.
- Attend Techno-Commercial negotiation with clients.
- To coordinate with Design & Engineering for complete BOQ on time.
- Project risk evaluation and mitigation
- To track & release budget & cost project wise for cost control.
- Prepare a detailed project plan
- Develop install procedures and QAP for the onsite work
- Closely monitor the progress and dynamically make the necessary work flow changes on site to improve productivity
- Anticipate issues that may impact schedule and timelines and plan ahead for contingencies for smooth work execution on-site
- Interface with customer onsite and set correct expectations and meet the expectation of special conditions of contract and general conditions of contract
- Communicate clearly the daily progress report on site
- Manage the project on a daily, weekly and monthly basis including (but not limited to):
– Monitor, follow-up and collect all project receivables within the Contracts terms.
– Supervise team members to maximise employee engagement, satisfaction and productivity
– Ensure the project is on schedule and on budget.
– Monitor and maintain the project schedule including scheduling subcontractors, material suppliers, and other vendors.
– Ensure all items on the project checklist have been completed as required.
– Close projects in a timely manner
- Buy-out materials and sub-contractors at or below the amount in the original estimate.
- Attend project reviews with client and ensure customer satisfaction
- Prepare all required company reports in an accurate and timely manner
- Maintain confidentiality of all company and client information
- Candidate has to interact with customers during the execution of the contract and continuously ensure contract compliance or seek amendments
- To track the variance report project wise with detailed reason
- Support in negotiation & contracting
- Support in business development; managing discussions and documentation
- Keeping a track of the market and creating in-house know how